Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Moaning (Pretty in Pink edition)

 

There's something special about Fall...Especially when you live in a part of the country that experiences all the seasons...And there is nothing like Fall...The smell in the air...The sound of marching bands, football fans, and referee's whistles...The crispness in the evening air...And the colors...How I love the colors of fall...The way the green leaves morph into amazing shades of red, orange, yellow, browns, and even some purple...Of all the seasons, Fall is my favorite...

But there has been a new color that has been filling our visions of Fall...Yes, I'm talking about Pink...

                       
That color men were always too cool, or too tough to wear...Now we see our modern day gladiators wearing it all October...Why do they wear it? To raise awareness for Breast Cancer...A truly great cause...I love breasts, and I hate cancer...Here's a stat that I'm pulling out of  my ass...So I'll put it this way...I would guess that at least 80% of all of us, have known a friend, family member, classmate, or co-worker who has battled, or died from cancer...I lost 2 grandparents, an uncle, and a number of friends to cancer...So this may sound odd...And it may offend people...But I'm sick of my Octobers being filled with all this Pink...

                               
Okay, that pink isn't bad!  But I think we're all pretty aware that cancer, including breast cancer, is out there...And I respect the players, and owners that donate money to cancer foundations and research...But some of this month of pink seems like grandstanding to me...Some 'Look at me, I care' shit...Yes, I'm synical...But I am what I am...

I was at the local high school game Friday night, and look at our team in their Blue and Yellow, with hot pink mixed in...It doesn't look good...And part of me was proud that no one on the visiting team had a speck of pink on...By the way they destroyed us...Or team is winless so far, and possibly has the worst coaching staff ever...8 times the last two weeks, they had only 10 guys on the field...4 times with 12...Sorry, back to the Pink...

                 
I was watching the Browns game Sunday, and thought, 'my God, That hot pink does not work with those beautiful Fall colors of Brown and Orange...It just clashes'...The Browns by the way, jumped out to a 14-0 against the Giants...And then they fell apart, and got their asses kicked...I knew I shouldn't have watched that crap! 

Oh, yes, Pink...

                                  
And what happened to the days when leagues were sticklers about uniforms...Remember, every player had to wear the same color shoes...Remember Peyton Manning getting find because he wore black high-tops to honor Johnny Unitas...Terry Francona was inspected to make sure he was wearing a jersey under his wind-breaker...All the sudden, these wacky uniform rules are thrown out the window, so our warriors can put on pink shoes, and gloves, and sleeves, and wrist-bands, and wave pink towels...I don't get it...

And all cancers suck...All cancers are evil...But why so much love for breast cancer...A whole month...Like I said, I love breasts...I think that's what it is...It's sexism...Prostate cancer gets one weekend from MLB, where everyone wears powder blue wrist-bands...Why don't we have month of Brown, for asshole cancer?   Why not a month of Amber, for liver cancer...Or a month of Nicotene Stain for lung cancer?  I'm all for supporting those with breast cancer...I've sent my check...But I want the pink out of my sports...I want my Fall colors back...Lets keep the pink where it belongs...

                  
Between the ladies legs!

There is no doubt in my mind that there are people who are reading this, that are pissed right now...And some may want to bash me...I just want you to know, as that is happening, I'm thinking, 'Dance puppets, dance!'

If I haven't pissed you off...Check out this week's College Football WRAP_UP...The BCS rankings are looking like they may get tricky after a few favorites went down this week...

The last week I was pretty much absent...Last Monday the baby had to have her dental surgery...She had been grinding her teeth, and busted her 4 top, front teeth...They put her under to do the work...She came out of it okay, and after a couple hours she was back to herself...But Tuesday morning around 5:00 AM she spiked a high fever, puked, and her face was swelling...By the afternoon I was taking her to the ER as her top lip, and whole right side of her face was swollen...She was starting to get what looke like a black eye...And her top gum was so swollen, you could barely see her teeth...

                            
It was figured that she had an infection...They got her on an anti-biotic right away, and Benadryl in case it was an allergic reaction to something...Also we were alternating Motrin and Tylenol every 4 hours...She was in so much discomfort, she was asking for ice packs...By Wednesday the swelling was starting to calm down, and we could actually spot the infection in her gum...Her sleep patterns were all screwed up...I would guess because of all the drugs going through her, along with she was napping on and off all day for a couple days...The week was tough, and draining, and expensive...But she's doing well now, and we worked in some swing time Saturday....

                   
I hope this post didn't piss too many people off...Although I think it will...But that's okay if you got pissed...if I can draw an emotion out of a reader, then it's good...I hope some people got a laugh out of it...Or at least you got some good looking ladies in pink to look at...If none of those, well, we've always got next week...

The Beeze.

No comments: