Sunday, July 3, 2011

Monday Moaning

Happy 4th of July all! Don't go blowing off any fingers okay!

Now, I'll be honest with you right from jump...I just got back from a short vacation Sunday evening...So I didn't keep up on sports a whole lot...Saturday I did check up on all the NHL free agent action...My New York Rangers Signed grinder Mike Rupp...Nice pick-up...Then they went big money time...They signed Brad Richards "The Star" of this free-agency season...Nice right? I don't know...9 years seems really long for a guy with some years on him...9 years and $60 million...Rangers GM Glen Sather who has a habit of over-spending says Richards left money on the table to come to the Rangers...

As for the Philadelphia Flyers, they signed old man Jaromir Jagr, after trading Jeff Carter, and Mike Richards last week...They also lost Ville Leino to free agency...I think the Flyers may be going backwards...GOOD!

Also breaking Sunday night, the San Jose Sharks traded Dany Heatley to Minnesota for Martin Havlat...This is the second big trade between these two teams in two weeks now...

Now lets get to the vacation....This is how it began, with a car ride to Erie, PA...



There we got together with the Wife's sister, and her family...A bunch of cousins, uncles, aunts, second cousins...We all stayed at the same Hotel...The Bell-Aire (A Clarion Hotel)...You would think with the name it would be nice...NOPE! Old, dated, dark, dingy, and stupid...I reserved a suite and got a shitty dorm room...All of us had problems with our rooms, and $600 for 3 nights in this place is just retarded...

We went to a little amusement park there called, Waldameer...The kids had fun...Molly got tired out from a rough day of chillin' in her stroller...


Then she needed a refreshment....



The next day we spent at the beach, dodging the shit that floats in Lake Erie...Later that night the wife and kids and I went to visit with some friends...We had a great time eating, drinking, and catching up...The Little Beeze was a non-stop ball of energy, going from trampoline, to swing set, to playing with a dog, to roasting marsh mellows, and back again...

Saturday was the Zoo, and a lot of time in the hotel pool...Then dinner at SARA'S...I don't really recommend spending a ton of time in Erie, but if you're there, you have to get some grub at Sara's...

Every evening ended with me laying next to Molls, drinking Sam Adams, and watching a Pirates game...I started thinking of how smart (economically) it is to be a Pittsburgh fan...All of there pro-sports teams have the same color gear...I started thinking of other cities...Some may have two teams, but not all...But don't worry, I'm not getting on the Shittsburgh bandwagon...But you gotta give the Pirates credit, them and the Indians are both playing a lot better then any of us thought they would...

I also realized Eris is a great town for a Sports blogger...They're parked right between Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo...About a hour and a half away from each city, they get coverage on all of them...That said, I'm not packing my bags yet!

Vacation was fun, but tiring...It didn't really feel like a vacation for me...The wife had to remind me it was about family, and the kids...I still sometimes have those selfish feelings, of wanting a vacation that doesn't involve jugging around the kids and all their shit...One day!

Even the kids were wiped out, and they weren't drinking nearly as much Sam Adams as I was...



When we got home, I saw the "All-Star" teams...So even though I had been harping on how Asdrubal Cabrera should be the AL starter at SS, including breaking down the numbers...That Ass-hat, overrated, Bastard, Derek Jeter got the fan votes...Cabrera got on the team, but he should have got the start...Dude has killed it all year with the bat and glove...He was better defensively as a rookie, then Jeter ever was! But it's about this year, and he as out-shined everyone...

This is more proof that fans should have nothing to do with the "All-Star" game...Especially since the game now counts for Home Field in the World Series...The managers should pick...The worst thing is, every year I get pissed about it, and then I never bother watching the stupid ass game!

Ahh, fuck it...I'm tired...Have a good 4th of July, and be glad that some brave souls fought for our freedom, so we wouldn't be under the rule of those British cunts! Seriously Canada when are you going to tell the Queen to go piss up a rope?

Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: