Friday, May 27, 2011

Freedom of Speech: Not Just For Radio Douchebags

That's right, Freedom of Speech is actually something we all have...But often I hear gasbags on the radio, and on TV who feel that right is only for the people who have a degree in communications...Well fuck all that!

Here's where I'm coming from...Today, after work, on my way to pick the kids up from school, I had the Scott Van Pelt Show on the Radio...SVP, and his co-host who gets screwed on the name recognition, Ryen Rusillo, were talking about a Scottie Pippen interview from the Mike & Mike Show...They were going on about some who is better, LeBron or Jordan...Blah, blah, blah...I fucking hate Basketball, but we all know Jordan was the shit...

Anyway, the topic seemed to go off track when Van Pelt started talking about how Jordan didn't have to deal with the same scrutiny as James, because "The world today is so cynical, and angry." And of course, most of the blame for this anger and cynicism was put on Twitter and Bloggers...My God, these talking heads love to hate on bloggers...I think they actually see themselves becoming irrelevant because of all the quality bloggers, and vloggers out there...

But guess what, Anger and cynicism have always been in this world...It's just now people have an outlet for it...An outlet that is easy for you, or anyone to access...In the good old days, I guy would have a shit day at work, hear something on the radio on his way home, that pissed him off...He get home, bitch about to his wife, who wasn't listening, and then go kick the dog, and tell the kids to leave him alone...Now he can pull out iPhone, or laptop, and fire off a tweet, or write a blog, and boom...That shit's off his chest, and the dog doesn't have any broken ribs...

But for some reason twats like these guys don't think our opinions matter....(I actually like their show, usually)...I've also heard this crap from one of my favorite comedians...Jim Norton who is also 3rd mic on my favorite radio show, The Opie and Anthony Show, has bitched about bloggers before...I've heard him go off, just bashing bloggers, and how they suck, and no one cares, and how they're needy for attention...What, and his ego isn't needy for attention, standing on stage, or talking on the radio? I love Norton, but this is one thing that bothers me...

Technology, and the Internet has afforded the everyman the ability to get their thoughts and opinions off their chest, and out there...It doesn't matter if 2 people read it, or 2 million...It's out there, and it's off my chest...Freedom of Speech wasn't just given to Radio show host...Newspaper Reporters, TV talking heads...It's not just for those with a degree in communications, or for a guys that got lucky and fell into a great job...It's there for all of us...Even dopes like me with a degree in business, who sweats his balls off in a kitchen for a living...So you can trash bloggers, and I can trash you...Eat a dick...That's the beauty of it!

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Beeze ... plus I'm sure that you felt better after this. Meanwhile, I minimize my time with talk shows. I don't know you drives me more crazy - the host or the callers!