Sunday, December 5, 2010

Monday Moaning


Holy shit! I didn't start off this Monday's post with a piece of ass...Sorry guys, but I put the T&A aside this week, to pay tribute to my high school Alma Mater...

Now normally I start this post recapping from Thursday or Friday, but this week we're starting in the middle of the weekend...Saturday night, the St. Edward Eagles took on Huber Heights Wayne for the Ohio High School State Championship...Of course football is a huge deal here in Ohio, and St. Edward High School is a big deal in my family...My Dad went there, and my oldest brother went there, and I went there...The other brother didn't, and that's why nobody likes him!

The school has a proud tradition, especially when it comes to athletics...25 Wrestling state championships...11 Hockey state championships...3 in Baseball...1 in Basketball...and until Saturday night, 0 in Football...

This Eagles team has gotten a lot of press around here...The biggest Offensive Line around...All five starters have been highly recruited, and all are BIG! The Eagles have also played the toughest schedule in the state, and one of the toughest in the country...What's really surprising, is this team was 4-6 last year, and after Saturday, they were a perfect 15-0...

But the title game wasn't easy, as they went up against a good Wayne team, lead by their Quarterback, Ohio State recruit, 6'3" 200lb. Braxton Miller...Miller had an excellent game both rushing and passing...The Eagles found themselves down 21-7, but battled back, by their fearless Quarterback, 5'9" 165lb. Kevin Burke...


Burke is well known for his fast feet, but he has no problem making the throws his team needs him to...The Eagles surged ahead 27-21...Then Miller lead Wayne back down the field and took the lead back, 28-27 with 2 and a half minutes left...Burke and company drove it right back and after a touchdown and two-point conversion, the Eagles went ahead 35-28...


Miller would have one last shot, but after being pressured by the Eagles defense, he threw up a desperation pass, that was picked off...Afterwards, Burke said, "I was happy they scored, I wanted to run a two-minute drill. It was awesome." No offence, but Ohio State can have the Miller...I'll take the little guy! Congrats to the Eagles!


Moving on, in What The Fuck news...The Washington Nationals signed Outfielder Jayson Werth for a hell of a lot more than he's worth! 7 years, $126 million! Grossly overpaid, for a career .272 hitter, with a 120 HR and 406 RBI in 8 seasons...Christ Baseball teams are getting retarded with the Money they are throwing around!

Speaking of Baseball being retarded...There's something that Happened Friday that hasn't gotten enough coverage in my eyes...Chicago Cub great, Ron Santo died...His life, career,on and off the field, and the total lack of respect he's gotten, have not gotten the coverage it they deserve...And based on m y numbers, not enough people read what I posted on the topic, so here is a
LINK

Of course some of that may have been overshadowed by "The King's" return to Cleveland...Yes, I wrote about that over-hyped bullshit too...
RIGHT_HERE

I don't know about you, but at the Beeze house, Sunday's are for getting shit done around the house, doing something fun with the kids, and of course, Football...So let me just make this clear to the neighbors...Stop sending your rotten kids over to my house during the Browns game! I don't like your little fuckers either!

I practically slammed the door in one little girls face today, as I said,
"NO! I'M WATCHING THE BROWNS GAME, NOT YOU!"

We also did some Christmas decorating as well...



See, I'm a nice, fucking festive guy!




That's it for now...

Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your Eagles. Since SW Ohio teams were shutout this year, I forgot this was championship weekend.

Werth's deal, thus the way MLB owners toss money around, is just another example why Jerry Jones should have owned a baseball team instead of football.