Monday, February 8, 2010

Seriously!?!


So I go online this afternoon, and I see this nonsense on YAHOO Sports, written by Chris Chase... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Peyton-Manning-storms-off-Super-Bowl-field-Is-h?urn=nfl,218314

Here we go again, with another non-story...It opens with this...

"Peyton Manning didn't shake hands with New Orleans Saints players after his Indianapolis Colts lost 31-17 in Super Bowl XLIV. Apparently some think this is a sign of poor sportsmanship from the NFL's greatest player. It's not."

Well thank God they got the "It's not" part right...So why did this piece have to be written...What was the purpose, other then getting it into people's heads that Manning is a douche? There was no other reason...It was an exciting tag line, just to get people sucked in...'Peyton did what?' 'What a jerk!'

I can't stand when "News sources" do this crap...But I have an even bigger problem with this article...Look at that quote...

Chris Chase, whoever he may be, called Peyton Manning "the NFL's greatest player." Chris, you should be fired...Dude just lost the "Super Bowl"...He has a 9-9 record in playoff games...He's not the greatest player of all-time...And he isn't the greatest player now...

The media always want to give Manning praise for how he calls his own plays at the line...How smart he is...All the things he can do as a quarterback...But never do they dump on him for his mistakes...Funny how nobody is saying, why didn't he call that quick slant they like to run, on that 3rd and 1 play...Instead he called a run that was stuffed...Saints get the ball back, kick a field goal before halftime...Get the momentum...

Let's be honest...Peyton was rattled late in the game and it showed...The Greatest don't look like that...

I'm assuming some will ask me who I think the greatest player in the NFL is...I honestly can't say who the greatest is right now...Of all-time, I will always say Jim Brown...Greatest QB...I put Otto Graham up there...Along with him, Unitas, Montana...I have Brady higher then Manning...As a Clevelander it hurts to say this, but I have Elway up there too...

And just for the record, I have Brees ahead of Manning...

I'd like to see something new from the sports media...Stop giving the loser so many accolades...Brees, and the Saints played their collective asses off, I'm hearing and reading more about stupid Peyton Manning...While we're at it...Let's stop giving Manning so many accolades...

Is he good? Yes...Are there better? Yes

Let's start giving the guys that beat him some nut swing for a change...

Later, The Beeze.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I open a Yahoo Sports article and see it is written by Chris Chase, I don't read it. Thanks for verifying.

Unknown said...

But it's always more fun to kick a guy when he's down.

Just remember, it's okay to be a celebrity (sports or other wise) until you accidentally act human - then you're an a$$hole.

Let's just make fun of Leno. I mean... he IS a gigantic a$$hole. Oh!! Or Warren Sapp!