Thursday, September 23, 2021

The Death of American Patriotism

 



That's a  beautiful picture isn't it?

The Autumn leaves. The incredible sky. Old Glory. In this image I see the American flag but I quickly shift my attention to everything else going on. You see after the Trump administration and what has gone on in our country post election, I'm leery when I see the American flag. I often cringe when I see it. I know people are already upset and offended i wrote that, but let me explain why.

Patriotism was weaponized. It started when Colin Kaepernick, on the advice of a member of the military took a knee during the National Anthem in protest of police brutality and discrimination. People dug in firmly to their sides and the point Kaepernick and others were trying to make was quickly lost. Between this and the Black Lives Matter movement more and more we started seeing the Thin Blue Line flag or the "Blue Lives Matter" flag. The people wearing and waving that flag not only claimed to support the police but also claimed to be patriots/patriotic. Funny since their flag breaks "flag Code."


Also, some people carrying this flag on January 6th, attacked the U.S. Capitol and beat police officers, killed police officers, wounded 140 police officers. Nothing there seems to show support for police, or "patriotism."

These people who felt Kaepernick's use of his freedom to protest, felt they were well with in their rights to "protest" election results, in which their guy got smoked, by staging a terrorist attack on the Capitol. How very white of them.

Also in this band of terrorists who have weaponized patriotism, were people who wear and fly the Confederate Flag. The Confederate Flag being the flag of traitors. While these dolts scream about respecting the  Red, White and Blue, Stars and Stripes, they are waving the flag that was flown in opposition of the Old Glory. 

These self proclaimed American patriots who say they have great love and admiration for our military, on a daily basis call Democrats and liberals Nazi's. Everything the left tries to do for the good of the country and humanity, these jackasses equate it to living in Nazi-Germany...Nazi's being an enemy we fought in WWII. Yet many of these "patriots" have swastika tattoos, carried Nazi flags on January 6th, wear anti-Semitic clothing.  

So why the fuck are you calling me the Nazi? Why the fuck are you calling yourself a "patriot?"

All these people are the most vocal about their patriotism and make a point to let everyone know how much they love America and the Flag. All of these people fly these anti-American flags right next to their American flag, and sadly, many with their flag with a man's name on it...Trump...That is the least American, least Patriotic shit you can do.

So yes, now when I'm walking my dogs by a house where I don't know the people who live there and I see the American flag, I sometimes cringe. I most likely don't and won't trust whoever lives in that house. I am skeptical whenever I see the Flag. It's sad. I never expected to be this way.

Trumpism weaponized American Patriotism. They made Patriotism about hate instead of community and unity. With every new day I'm more skeptical of my fellow Americans and nervous about will happen next because the lack of true patriotism and the massive volume of hate that exists now.




No comments: