Thursday, October 29, 2020

Just Another Barstool Hit-Piece


Yeah, gotcha with a nice piece of eye candy...

Barstool Sports' newly demoted, former Editor In Chief loves to brag about the hits and pageviews he racked up. Easy thing to do when you post "the Smoke-Show of the Day," twice a day KMarko. I know the book on eye candy drawing traffic Keith. I wrote that bitch back in 2007.

I don't like Barstool's KMarko because he's a douchebag. Also, for years he blew me off. I won't deny it, while I was co-owner/operator and writer at YouGabSports.com I had applied to Barstool a few times. I knew I was no journalist but wanted to get wider readership of my shit. I drew good numbers at YGS as well as when I was at the Sporting News Blogging Community. But he blew me off. I even submitted for a writing gig again in the last year. Heard nothing. I started tweeting posts at Barstool staff to try and get it in front of their eyes and maybe get lucky. Does this sound bitter? It sounds bitter. 

Yeah, it bummed me out. One of the reasons is because I feel the crap I write is better than most of the stuff they post there now. You see Barstool's best writers, don't write that often anymore. They have followed the times and do more video content, radio (Sirius/XM) and podcasts. I don't blame them, they have some of the best podcasts out there. KFC Radio, Zero Blog Thirty, Pardon My Take, The Token CEO, They're all excellent. Call Her Daddy kills it too, it's not really my thing, but I respect it. 

Barstool has expanded and dabbles in so many worlds now. In the early days it was blogs about sports, shit talking, maybe some wacky shit that happened in the news and tits and ass. Now they have radio, podcasts, people playing video games on Twitch, multiple gambling shows, a gambling app. They have a show now completely about "The Bachelor"...You can watch Barstool staff watch "The Bachelor" and then do a show about it afterwards. WTF!?!

I never expected Barstool to stay what it was, but I hate that the blogging is an after thought. Some people still like to read and use their brain as opposed to listening/watching a podcast pontificate or you know, watch people watch TV. I don't call myself a "Stoolie" and don't get on reddit and don't run my day around Barstool content. (yes there are people that do that) 

I have some merch, from the specific shows I support like KFC, ZBT and PMT...I use to check the site at least once a day. I use to watch Dave Portnoy's Pizza reviews. I don't anymore. I use to like his douchey "brick by brick," man of the people schtick. But now it's become I'm a rich douchebag schtick. Portnoy is the man that created Barstool and he really did build it "brick by brick" and worked his ass off for everything for years. I respect that. But he just seems like a douchebag now.

My growing dislike started before his Trump interview, but that pushed it over the top. Portnoy has always prided himself on Barstool not getting into politics and made it clear to the company that those are waters he did not want them going into. So much so, that Big Cat (Dan Katz, One of the top dogs there) turned down having Joe Biden on his show Pardon My Take. Then behind his back, going against what he's always said Portnoy does an Interview with Trump. 

Let's be clear, this "interview" was a campaign ad to try and grab some younger voters. It was exactly the type of interview Trump loves. No "tough questions" like 60 Minutes. Why the hell would the President of the United States have to answer tough questions?

If you missed it, I give you a quick recap. Portnoy kissed Trump's ass, then started stroking himself...Trump replied by stroking himself, then stroking Portnoy...Portnoy tongued Trump's balls while stroking him, then stroked himself some more...Trump replied by stroking himself while fingering Portnoy's ass...Eventually they blew each other, Trump finished and Portnoy had to finish himself off.

Portnoy defended himself talking about how no one would turn down interviewing the President. He acted as if he didn't toss up softballs. He didn't like the criticism that he did no follow-up questions, trying to fall back on while they are a huge media company, they aren't journalists...He denied that this was all purely a campaign ad.

This whole thing pissed me off. I now ignore all Portnoy content. Like I said it was getting annoyingly douchey anyway. But I find myself checking out less and less Barstool content, outside of KFC, ZBT and PMT. 

Why? 

I often didn't use the Barstool site to checkout some content because I'd be checking it out the next day or hours later. It was easier to find on their YouTube page. Example, The Barstool Rundown. Now, with all Barstool content on YouTube, I am getting hit with Trump ads. this isn't some dumb-ass YouTube algorithm. I've been signed-in to my YouTube account for 15 years. If they had an algorithm they were gearing towards me it would be all ads with sexy women in stockings, beer, chef knives and guitars. When Portnoy did that "Interview" with Trump, Barstool got into bed with the Trump campaign. 

I can't and won't support something or someone who supports a criminal fuck like Trump, who has now let 230,000 Americans die because of his lies. And that number keeps growing every day.

#WakeUpAmerica

 

No comments: