Tuesday, April 28, 2020

COVID 19 (blog 4)




I had planned on writing about something else today but then I heard some dolt on CNN this morning...This clown was going on and on about how important sports are to the United States and how we have to get professional sports up and running to "boost our spirits"..."Sports are part of the fabric of America and provides a distraction from our everyday troubles"....Listen, I LOVE sports...way back I blogged on Sporting News at least 4 days a week...Then I wrote and co-owned a sports blogging site for a number of years...I love sports...

BUT, of everything we need right now in this country, sports is not on the top of the list...Yes sports is a great distraction...But adequate testing for COVID 19 I think ranks higher...along with finding a legitimate treatment strategy to help those falling ill with it...Unlike our President's idea of injecting disinfectants into our blood stream or somehow blasting the insides of our lungs with ultraviolet light...

But this guy going on and on about sports drove me crazy...NHL, NBA should just take the loss...This season was shot in the head with the COVID bullet...The idea of baseball being played in empty stadiums seems dumb to me...It's better in person...It loses something on TV...Football possibly in empty stadiums will be watchable but lacking something...As I have gone through this shutdown/quarantine I find myself caring less and less about sports and more and more about friends and family and the small business people in my community, let alone the entire country...

More important to get up and running safely, at the top of my list is mom and pop shops...Whether it's retail, bar, restaurant...and of course those ever so important barber shops and salons that those crazy confederate flag waving fuckers were screaming about...We have to be careful and smart with reopening stuff...We also need to support them...And our government needs to support them, long before the big businesses...

Unfortunately that isn't the case...As the multi-billion dollar corporation that is the Los Angeles Lakers applied for the small business stimulus aid and they received it...they got $4.6 million...What the actual fuck!?! 

1) This makes me care less about the so-called importance of sports...
2) This makes me hate the LA Lakers SOOOOO much more...
3) If that doesn't prove the government is corrupt and /or retarded, I don't know what will....

Maybe the fact that a housing association in the country's richest zip code, on Fisher Island got $2 million in stimulus aid even though they had no layoffs and no form of negative financial impact from the COVID 19 pandemic... 

This Government and the Trump administration make me want to puke in the soup.

Have a drink

Have a day

No comments: