Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What I'll Remember about Frank Gifford



With the passing of Football great Frank Gifford, there have been many tributes the New York Giants great...Many of those have talked about his great legacy as a broadcaster...Honestly, that how I grew up knowing of Gifford...But he was a great football player before those days in the booth...He played Halfback, Wide Receiver and Defensive Back...

For all the talk of head injuries these days, Gifford's era of Football, the 1950's and 60's was a pretty brutal, rough and tumble time...



That's Gifford sleeping on the field and being taunted by the Eagles Chuck Bednarik...An iconic image of football's brutality...

But I have no memories of this time...Just the stories my father told me, and things to search on the Internet...I knew of Gifford from him working on Monday Night Football...And he was just as much an icon for that, as he was for his playing career...That is something rare...

But what I will always remember Gifford for, was giving us Suzen Johnson...A flight attendant he was caught having an affair with...Thanks to Gifford and his high-profile wife, Kathy Lee, Johnson got her own fame, and was promptly delivered into my mailbox in a Playboy spread...


There was even a great shot of her working a champagne bottle between her big, sloppy, tits...Way to go Giff!

No comments: