Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Moaning



Now that's some motivation to workout!  Although, if she was at my gym, I'm not sure I'd be working out the areas that need it most!

But I'll get back to exercise in a minute...

After last week, I thought I'd be done covering major NHL moves, but I forgot what a financial pinch the Chicago Blackhawks are in...There was a lot of talk that 33 year old F- Patrick Sharp would be traded, and it finally happened Friday night...Sharp who has been a leader on and off the ice during this run of the Blackhawks that has brought 3 Stanley Cups...Benefiting from Sharp's experience and skill will be the Dallas Stars...Along with Sharp, Chicago also sent prospect D- Stephen Johns...In return the Blackhawks get D- Trevor Daley and F- Ryan Garbutt...with this deal, the 'Hawks also free up $2.5 million per year for the next couple years...

First off, clear cut winner in this deal is Dallas...Experience, skill, grit, leader, 3 rings...While Johns is a prospect, he's a prospect who could possibly find his why into the lineup this coming season at some point...

Dallas fans may feel they have gotten weaker/thinner at D, the truth is, Daley was forced into playing as a top-pair defensman...He isn't that...He isn't a D-man who should be going against another teams top line always and racking up more then 22 minutes a game...He'll be better off in Chicago...I predict his production will go up...

Dallas should look at making a move (signing or trade) for a veteran D-man...33 year old Johnny Oduya (spent last 3 and a half seasons with Chicago) is the top free-agent D-man left out there, with Chicago trying to figure out a way to get him back...Buffalo is also trying to make a push for him...

Garbutt is a 29 year old grinder/agitator...He throws a lot of shots on goal, but only racked up 8 goals in 67 game last year...He's a 29 year old version of the Blackhawks 23 year old pest, Andrew Shaw...There are rumbling in Chicago that they should look at moving Shaw who is making $1.5 million right now, compared too the $900,000 cap hit Garbutt brings...

Dallas knew Chicago was in a tight spot...The whole NHL knew it...It's a salary cap world, and you aren't going to win trades, when you are making solely to free up cap space...And I'm not even sure the 'Hawks will break even on this one...

- Moving on....The MLB All-Star game is upon us, and Monday night is the Home Run Derby...MLB loves pushing this every year, and they have tweaked it this year in hopes that it won't start boring us...This year they participants are setup in a single elimination, bracket format...



Here's my prediction...The Final will be Bryant vs. Frazier...And Frazier will make the hometown fans proud...Who do you got?


- Now I mentioned something about exercise...Oh, yeah, that lovely lady up top...Yes, she could motivate me...

But recently my wife has motivated me as well...We're both overweight...We've watched a couple movies about health and food, and started buying as much organic stuff as possible, which is expensive as fuck...We've been having a juice for two meals a day...Fresh, organic fruits and veggies, juiced...Mmmm, delicious! They aren't gross, but it's been tough cutting some of the crap out...And yes, I've been hitting the exercise bike every day, and plan on mixing in more exercise during the week...I may checkout the local fitness center, to see if they have any trainers like that hottie up top...So far my wife has lost 10 pounds in two weeks...I've lost 5...

- Last week when the story/video of Florida State QB De'Andrea Johnson hitting a female in a bar broke, it got me thinking...What was happening there?  What did she say?  What did he say?  Why did she take a swing at him first?  A lot of times when these things happen, those types of questions aren't asked...I'm not saying it's okay to hit women...It's not...If that was my daughter, I'd kill the prick...Right now they'd be searching for the bits of his body...So, I'm not saying she deserved to get hit...But we don't know really know all of what happened...And all these thoughts got me thinking about an epic Bill Burr bit...






There's some food for thought....Food....Mmmm...That's it for now, gotta hit the bike, instead of eating a bag of chips!

Have a week.

No comments: