Sunday, August 12, 2012

Monday Moaning



Now that looks like a Summer Vacation I could be down with!

Yes, this week Monday Moaning is on the road...Coming to you from Erie Pennsyltucky! We headed in Friday, to my in laws...Where my wife's sister, her son, and my wife's two cousins, and their kids, were waiting for us...We spent Friday night shooting the shit and just hanging out...I had just had a long, hot day at work, so I didn't feel like doing much but sleeping anyways...

My sister-in-law has a son the same age as Little Beeze, so it was great that he had a buddy, but we knew sooner or later there would be a meltdown...Well, the meltdown climaxed with my son throwing a handful of Lego's' that drilled my nephew in the head...Earlier they had disagreement about whether if some toy existed or not...SO that had my little Irish boy hot under the collar...It was just a typical 7 year old boy dick swinging contest, and then some Lego's were taken, and some "Dude, I was using that!" Then some got thrown down, and then some more got thrown down, but just into a head....Great times ahead!

The next morning Little Beeze was messing with his big sister and second cousin...He ended up getting hit in the face with a toy...It hurt him a bit, so he went all out, and threw a hair brush...So after injuring 2 people in less then 24 hours, he was in my dog-house big time...

Just a little while later we all went to Waldameer Amusement Park...I not a fan of places like this, but you know...It's all about the kids...I gladly took baby duty...There's limited rides for kids her age, but Molly was happy just cruising around in the little boats...Plus, we always seem to hit places like this, right when she needs a nap...After a hour and change, she crashed in the stroller...When 3:00 PM hit, I was just trying to get out of there...The rain was holding off all day, and it wasn't going to last much longer...Plus I just wanted to check-in to our hotel, and relax a bit...I mentioned the rain a second ago...Very odd how we've been having a hot as hell Summer with no rain...Then we show up to Erie, and it's cold and rainy...I was just waiting for some snow to blow in Sunday!

Saturday night, we finally got the kids to sleep...I watched the 4x100 relay, because track is about the only Summer Olympic stuff I'll watch...The U.S. came out strong, and had the lead, but Jamaica came on during the 3rd leg...And the anchor finished them off...Yep, Usain Bolt again lived up to all the hype...Normally I couldn't stand a guy that loves himself as much as Bolt...But shit, he's the fastest man alive...Dude may be a dick, but he's the dick you want on your team...

After that, I was laying in bed watching some show on Discovery proving that mermaids exist...I'll have to dig into that some more...I finally crash around midnight...Then some time just after 1:00 AM, the hotel's fire alarms start blasting...I grabbed the baby, wrapped her in a blanket, and covered her ears...I'm standing in the doorway looking back at the rest of my family...The boy, out cold...The oldest girl, awake but unaware...And my wife sitting on the bed saying, "What is that?"

Okay, it was the loudest fucking annoying sound I had ever heard...What the hell could it be...So I yelled, "It's the fucking fire alarm! Get the kids!" She came to, and get them up...The boy still not giving a shit...As she got closer, I told her to grab my glasses, and a key...She also grabbed her purse...Luckily since it had car keys in it, so we could keep the kids warm...About 20 minutes later the Calvary arrived...


Kind of sad that we had to wait 20 minutes...


Even more sad is that they broke out two fire houses for a little patch of mulch that caught fire outside, from a cigarette...It was right next to the elevator equipment, and some how gut sucked in...I could have pissed on it, and put it out...By 2:00AM we were allowed back in...

Sunday we were going to be headed to the Erie Zoo...So I went to target and got a sweat shirt for each of the kids...This cold and rainy shit is for the birds...We hit the Zoo...It's small, so it's great for kids...Okay, it use to be great for kids...But over the past few years they have had a number of the animals die...And then half of the ones we saw looked like they were going to die...The Ape, or chimp or whatever, had blood all over it's area...lots of blood...Then the Leopard sounded asthmatic, and kept puking...The one Black Bear looked like it was going to kill itself...None of the monkeys were doing any of that wacky monkey shit you always see them do...The kangaroos had a bit of hop left in them...Ha, get it!

I always thought zoo's were depressing and cruel places, and this joint validated that feeling...

Molly's favorite was the Penguins...


The were very friendly, and there was one that was very playful, even though their tank looked dirty and funky...And yes, Mom got her a stuffed Penguin at the gift shop...The gift shop which was very well kept, of course...

All of this wasn't necessary to Molly...She was fine stomping in a puddle in Grandma and Grandpa's driveway Saturday morning...


Yeah, I know, I barely said anything about sports, or the U.S. Swimming scandal I wrote about last week...Hey, tough shit! I'll be back into digging into that stuff Tuesday...Unlike the countless people in sports who say "family first," I mean it...Yeah, I spent this time bitching and shitting on Erie...But my kids had fun...My wife had fun and saw family...And I got a blog out of it...

Oh, one last thing...If you ever want really good Pizza and Wings, and you're near Edinboro PA...Go to this little dive JOHN'S_WILDWOOD_PIZZA...Fucking awesome! Just don't ask my wife for directions...You would think some one who attended Edinboro University for five years, would remember the way!

That's it for now...Have a week...

Later, the Beeze.

No comments: