Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Moaning



When ever there is a horrible tragedy, people say we need to get back to normal...We need to continue on...Yes, we need to continue on, but getting back to normal?  I think normal was throw out the window Friday morning...The idea of getting back to normal, I think that means, try to forget...Well, right now I can't forget...Now that families are releasing pictures of their children they lost, it's too hard to forget...And besides that, we shouldn't forget...We need to keep this fresh in our heads and hearts, so we can figure out how to stop this from ever happening again...

My full, emotional thoughts are HERE...But my emotions were elevated when I saw late Saturday night, that the Westboro Baptist Church fully intends to protest at Sandy Hook, and in Newtown...Their reasoning: this happened because gay marriage...I'm not even joking...These bastards are truly nuts...So I was happy to find out the group Anonymous has decided to ATTACK...I wouldn't say I'm a supporter of these Anonymous guys, but maybe now I should be...

Then, during Sunday night's vigil for the victims, When the President got up to speak, NBC flipped the Patriots/49ers gave over to NBC Sports and cut away to the President....The Twitterverse exploded with even more stupidity and hate...How dare the President speaking interrupt football....Again, I'm not joking..SEE for yourself...

First, if football means that much to you, be pissed at the network...Second, if football means that much to you, make sure you have all the necessary sports channels...Third, if football means that much to you, your life is empty...Fourth, you're assholes!

I have tried to keep things normal with the kids this weekend...Besides having to discuss what happened with the kids...And trying to explain how this could happen...I trying to tell them what they should do if something like this was to happen at their school...They don't put that shit in the parents handbook....

We set up our outdoor Christmas lights Saturday...Something you should know about my Molls...She loves snowmen...She has a old stuffed "Snowy" that she takes everywhere...But for some reason she refers to them all as "Yo-Yo"...I have no idea why, but that's her thing...He she is with my families Frosty...Now known as "Yo-Yo"...


That guy has been in our family since before I was born...And for the past few years he has guarded our front door...And Molls loves him...

Sunday morning I was in the car, going to get a haircut, and hit the store...I was listening to the Browns pregame hype fest...Holy shit, 3 wins in a row really gets Clevelanders cocky...They were all so sure the Browns were going to smoke the Redskins...Especially with RG3 not playing...And then it happened...The 'skins kicked them around like the Browns I know and don't love...And Browns fans, I hope your love affair with Josh Cribbs is over now...The guy has lost his return ability...He never could hack it at WR...Sad considering the stiffs that have been here with stone hands...Yeah, that means you too Little...Please Browns fans, don't beg for this guy to get a new contract...

And I did my part to try and help the winning streak...I stayed away from the game...I guess it wasn't me taking the kids ice skating during games that got those wins...

The bright spot in sports...At least for me...Because it was really the only bit of sports I paid attention to this week...Friday night Mount Union won the D-3 National Title, after beating St. Thomas (Minn) in the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl, 28-10...

The victory gave head coach Larry Kehres his 11th national title in 16 appearances in the Stagg Bowl...All have been in the past 20 years...In 27 seasons, his record is 332-24-3...Had Mount Union lost, it would have been the fourth Stagg Bowl loss in a row, and the Senior class would have been the first in 20 years without a Title...

Way to go Purple Raiders!

 
 
 
That's it for now...Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: