Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Moaning


 
 
 That right there is the most festive thing I've seen, that I like...I'm normally pretty into the Christmas season, but Sunday I woke up wanting nothing to do with it...We planned on doing the Christmas decorating Sunday, but I was feeling like crap...The wife was feeling worse...We had just had people over Saturday for our daughters joint birthday party...



Molls loves frosting!

All I wanted to do Sunday was be a lazy, lump of shit...But the wife, was having no part of it...

So after I had a cup of coffee while taking a dump...she hates when I take food and drink and the laptop in with me...A clear sign, I'll be awhile...I trudged downstairs and dug out the Christmas tree...I was always a real tree guy, but some of  Little Beeze's allergies, and then having a baby, made us go with the fake for the time being...So I start setting up the tree...Half the lights are out...And then it's spotted...A dead, decaying mouse...In the spring, we had spotted a mouse...I put a couple of quality, instant kill traps out...Two in the kitchen, one in the basement...And I stashed some poison in a couple spots where I thought the little fuckers may have gotten in....First day, Mickey was crushed in a kitchen trap...I reset it, and waited...It has yet to go off...Hell I even forgot it was there until today...Today, when I found Minnie in the tree...

So the tree got pitched...Then we had to go out and pick out a new one...The old one had white lights...The kids were dead set on getting colored lights...The wife was on their side...Fine, colored lights it is...Lowes was out of stock on every tree we would have bought...No sir, I don't want a 9 ft. tree for $389...For some reason that won't fit under my 8 ft. ceilings...Assholes!

So we landed at Walmart and grabbed 7 ft. tree with colored lights, for $98 dollars...Some how we also left with 3 ft. tree for the kids playroom, and some light up candy canes for the front yard...Oh, it's getting Holly Jolly now...as the day went on I just kept getting pissed...Nothing seemed to work out right...We stopped home, saw the Browns were winning, I went Ice Skating...This is the third week in a row where I have ignored the Browns, and gone ice skating with the kids...Third week in a row, that the Browns won...Guess who's ice skating every Sunday while the Browns are on, from now on....THIS GUY!

If not watching the Browns, and not seeing them win, is what it takes...Then for the sake of all Clevelanders, I'll do what I have to do...

After skating, we ordered Chinese food, and started decorating the tree...This is an issue for me...Because kids suck at decorating trees...Let me pull back the curtain...There are certain things that I'm very OCD about...Lots of little things, that shouldn't matter much, but make my head exploded....Like how to load a dishwasher...dumb shit...Well, a biggie is Christmas Tree decorating...I'll spend the next few nights, after everyone else is asleep, moving ornaments around, and getting rid of their clusters of ornaments...I'm not joking, this shit is maddening to me...

Saturday was fun...The kids had fun...I made my famous chicken chili...Some mac-n-cheese...Hot dogs...Ordered a couple pizzas....Everyone ate well...The girls each had their own cakes...Molly's was Dora...My oldest, had a clarinet, and musical notes on it, along with roses...She started playing this year, and costing us an extra chunk of change, but she loves it...So I stopped renting her one, and traded in one of my guitars to get her a clarinet....FUCK those things are expensive!

The kids all left, and most of the adults...But my brothers like to linger...So I took the kids skating, which got everyone to leave...When we got back it was time for me to focus on the limited college football that went on Saturday, including Johnny Manziel winning the Heisman...You can read about it all HERE.

That's all I have people...Yeah, this was more of a journal update, then a sports blog, but sometimes sports just isn't bouncing around in my head, like everything else...

Here, I'll leave you with what would be called an anti-Christmas song...It's not Holly Jolly, but it's good...It's by Daniel Mustard, a homeless guy that was discovered by Opie and Anthony when he did THIS....Well Opie got some backing and help for him, and he's made an album soon to be out there...here's a SAMPLE.

So here is "Since Santa Ain't Coming"




Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: