Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Moaning



I won't lie to you my friends...I'm not quite sure what I have for ya in the way of sports this week...I have spent next to no time paying attention to sports...The week went to Hell in a hand basket Tuesday...What happened? I got a new iPhone 5s...That doesn't sound like it would be an awful thing does it?  Well, for me it is...For me, change is a mother fucker...

You see, I have a bit of OCD...It's not like I need everything in my house perfectly clean and in some crazy organized file system...Shit, I've got 3 kids and a puppy, If it was like that, I would have eaten a bullet year by now....It's with goofy shit most of the time...At work, I do have a specific way my station has to be set...But like I said, it's mostly goofy shit...Like, I count the strokes in a certain pattern while putting on deodorant...(No, I won't tell you the wacky pattern, and what I count to...You already think I'm nuts!)...But it's often crap like that...There are things that when my wife realizes it's the OCD kicking in, she's shakes her head, or busts my chops...My oldest daughter has started picking up on things, and gets it...The fact that she gets it scares me that I'm passing on this lunacy...

So, the Phone...The wife wanted to change our cell phone plan, because Virgin Mobile's coverage sucked, and her phone was useless in the area where she works...She also wanted to get the new Samsung Note....If I was going to upgrade, I wanted more memory, and I was going to stick with the fucking iPhone, because I've dumped too much money into iTunes to walk away...

So we get the phones...Then we spend two and a half hours in the store wile they set up the new plan, and switch shit over...The switch over didn't go over as I spent hours at home re-downloading everything back onto my new phone, except pictures...That was the only thing they managed to get transferred...

Then there was getting a cover...My wife and the two skirts in the store would not stop pushing me to get this Lifeproof case...It's supposedly the greatest thing ever...It was also $80...Fuck it, we're already this deep in, so I got it...This thing totally encases the phone...It muffles the sound...fuck that!    It had an extra bit of protection around the camera lens on the screen side, so there was a bump over the screen...That drove me fucking crazy!  It wouldn't fit on any chargers, and all but the apple charger chord would fit...It came with an extension for the headphone jack, because most headphones won't plug into it...And when I held it to my ear, it was uncomfortable...Uncomfortable to me, and my fucked up brain...

Most of this wouldn't make people nuts, but me, I'm a different story....I'm not lying when I say this...This phone cover ruined my entire day Wednesday...Oh, and we couldn't receive incoming calls until about 11:00 AM Wednesday, because the skirts at the store screwed up transferring our numbers...My wife heard in my voice, and then saw it on my face how this drove me nuts...Thursday she told me to go exchange it after dinner...The people at the store looked at me as if I was crazy when I explained it...But they were fine with me exchanging it...I found the perfect cover...Much like the one I had for my last phone, and it felt perfect in every way...I'm not lying when I say this...I had such a feeling of relief when I switched covers...A weight was lifted...I felt happiness...I could look at my phone, and not want to throw it at the wall....I know it doesn't make much sense people, but I am what I am...

Saturday, I didn't see much football...Little Beeze had a (girl) friend over from school...They played video games, and then asked me to throw the football around with them...The girl had better hands them the boy, and she threw a nice spiral...They need to get her playing QB at that school...Her parents own a Chinese restaurant, and had me bring her there afterwards...I figured, I'll just get dinner from here...BEST CHINESE FOOD IN TOWN! and they gave about $40 worth of food for $20!!!

I tried to watch some football late, but I crashed in the chair, which seems to be happening more and more often these days...Falling asleep has started cutting into my "ME" time and blogging time a lot...But thanks to the new phone, I caught this...




Yep, that's the way the season has been going for Georgia...Just ask their coaching staff. as they all seemed to hit the ground at once...


Heads up 'Bama...Auburn has had some serious good luck on their side this year!


And Heisman voters, please give Northern Illinois' Jordan Lynch a look...


So far, he's passed for 2,216 yards, 21 TD's, and 5 INT's...He's also put up 14 rushing TD's with 1,273 yards on the ground...Yeah, he plays in the MAC, but the Heisman rules say nothing about it only going to a player from the SEC, Big-12, ACC, PAC-12, or Big-10...

That's all I've got people...Big plans for this Monday...Gotta take Molly to the dentists...And in the evening I'm taking the other two kids to a screening of "A Christmas Story"...A special 30th anniversary showing on the big screen...In all my life, I never saw it on the big screen...

Have a week...

The Beeze.

1 comment:

Buster McNamara said...

Been blogging all season about Lynch