Tuesday, November 22, 2011

These Football Helmets are Getting Out of Hand


Yeah, this year's Maryland gear is nuts...But that's not all...A couple weeks ago Maryland played Notre Dame in what they called "The Shamrock Series"...The Irish put on their green jerseys, but also added a tricked out helmet...


Now I kinda like the shamrock but I'm not sure about the pattern...Then during the game I heard that the pattern was done by hand pressing velvet to get the look...Seems like a lot of work...

Then today I saw the price tag...Each of those Notre Dame helmets cost $1,200...WTF!?! Now I don't know if the University of Notre Dame had to put up the $1,200 per helmet cost, or if Adidas footed the bill...Either way it seems crazy to me...

Here's a look at the work that went into the helmets...




I could think of better ways to spend that money!

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Wandisville said...

Yup. I could think of a better way to spend hat money too but they do look good. I get board with the same old helmets. My biggest complaint about race cars is that it looks like the accountant painted it. Give me flames, stars, stripes, skulls, fangs, or what ever but DO SOMETHING COOL!!!!!!