Sunday, March 1, 2009

Monday Moaning

Another weekend behind us, but plenty to talk about...I'll start this week with the big news in Cleveland...The Browns traded TE Kellen Winslow Jr. to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers....

So far the opinions on this are mixed...Some think the Browns should have gotten more than a 2nd round pick this year, and a 5th rounder next year...With his history of injuries, and being a pain in the ass...I think it's a good deal...

(didn't you know...he's a soldier....Soldier my ass K-2...You're a douche!)

The Browns seem to be re-building on the fly...But they haven't done much other than getting this dolt outta here...I hope there are more moves to come....

In other NFL news The Chiefs pulled off a hell of a deal, snagging Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel from the Patriots, for their 2nd round pick...

The Denver Broncos starting improving their defense,(adding Brian Dawkins) and then pissed off their quarterback Jay Cutler by talking to Tampa Bay about a possible 3 team trade that would send him there, and bring Cassel to Denver...All I can say is what the f*ck were they thinking!

Moving onto Hockey...The New York Rangers lost their first two games under new coach John Tortorella...They played tough...Tougher then they had most of the season...But they still couldn't score...Then the Colorado Avalanche came to Madison Square Garden Saturday night...The Rangers nutted up and looked like a different team...Thumping the Avs 6-1....

Everyone stepped up in this game (except that pussy Redden) including Drury and Gomez....Then it got fun...With less then 5 minutes left in the game their were 66 minutes in penalties...Apparently the Avalanche don't like getting their asses kicked...First was a little scuffle where Ian Laperriere was being his typical punk ass self trying to throw in some cheap shots from behind...Who was the free Ranger on the ice...That candy ass Redden...Everyone else had a hold of somebody...Hey Wade, drop your gloves and grab the f*cker...

Laperriere later got himself a misconduct penalty along with teammate Cody McLeod, and Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky....Then Colton Orr pounded some Colorado punk (Chris Stewart)....That was followed by Darcy Tucker going after Paul Mara...Mara Immediately put his ass on the ice....

The best part of this may have been NHL security having to get between Avs coach Tony Granato, and Rangers assistant Jim Schoenfeld....

The worst part was having to explain why everyone was fighting at the end of the game to my daughter....She's been watching hockey with me since she was a baby...I've never had to explain it before, and I have to say it was hard...I'm all for fighting in hockey...I've never had a problem with it...But I have to say I was stumped...I tried to tell her how it's a physical game and sometimes players get upset...But for some kids that may not make sense...She went along with me, but I could tell that she didn't like the fighting...This has bothered me since I put her to bed that night...I have to say I'm okay that she didn't like the fighting she didn't like the fighting...But I hope it doesn't turn her off to the game...I also think it's bothering me because she's questioning things now...A sure sign that she's growing up....

I've got nothing good from the little Beeze this week...He was sick all weekend...If you want to find out about his weekend, read this....http://thebeezewax.blogspot.com/2009/02/puke.html ...

Next up...Notre Dame Hockey!

Friday night was the last regular season home game for the Fighting Irish and they did not disappoint, as they beat the shit out of the Michigan State Spartans 5-0....The Irish goal scorers were...Captain Erik Condra with 2...Justin White...Billy Maday...and Christiaan Minella....Goalie Jordan Pearce made 15 saves in the shutout victory.

Saturday night the Irish went to Michigan State and beat them 2-1...This was the first time Notre Dame has swept the Spartans since the 1978-79 season...The Goal scorers were...Erik Condra, and Christian Hanson....Pearce made 19 saves while earning his 26th victory of the season....

The Fighting Irish finish the regular season with a overall record of 27-5-3...Their conference record is 21-4-3-3...

I'm calling it right now...The Irish are taking the National Championship this year!

Now one last thing before I get outta here...I've been slowly puuting together a new site...I guess you could call it The Beezewax 2.0...My hope is that it will be just something fun...A place top talk shit about whatever...I have a few forums set up, and I'll be posting something new on the home page Monday night to maybe get some shit started...If you hover over the HOME link a link to YOU GAB will pop up also....I hope you'll check it out, and let me know what you think....

http://thebeezewax.spruz.com/

And don't forget to stop by the GAB...

http://www.yougabsports.com/

That's all for now...Have a good week...

Later, The Beeze.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

After hearing about the Winslow trade several days ago, I looked forward to your take this morning. No question, the guys is a pain ... and not even close to his father's talent.

Congrats on ND hockey. As a CCHA fan, it's sad to see Michigan State's fall. I would think it's bye bye to whomever is coaching MSU.

Anonymous said...

you know i see that alot about Kellen & i take umbrage to it: don't compare the kid to his dad Mkay! he has NEVER claimed to be his father, only himself. he's done some stupid shit, but guess what, look around so have SO many others in the league, we could sit here all day & blog about it!

I like the kid as far as a PLAYER, the change of team & coaching staff just might do him some good & i surely hope he smears all the naysayers, noses in it!

as for the browns not doing much yet........patience grass hopper!!

trust an insider here okie dokie ;0

now go drink some orange kool aid with me ;0

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

I always loved Winslow's talent...To me his health will always be the biggest concern...About his big mouth...He may have learned a few things about keeping it shut after hie time here...I to think the change will be good for him...

Sounds like you've been pounding the orange kool-aid this weekend...This grass hopper will try to be patient...LOL

Anonymous said...

i'm all over that kool aid, bandwagon i am for sure!

yup, we got alot of ppl. in the nfl with big mouths at least he hasn't punked out & been arrested, shot or stabbed anyone......nor has he made it rain or popped bottle for that matter ;0 i seriously hope he gets his career on track!

as soon as i can say anything at all, grass hopper, you will be the 1st to know. you know that ;0

peace darlin, we are getting pounded here with snow, snowed in & i actually slept past 5AM for a change ;0

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

We didn't get hit with snow...Lucky us...Who knew being in Cleveland could come in handy...I hope to hear some good Browns news this week...

Thanks for reading gang!

Jane said...

I don't know how the Rangers will get back to a good place.
As for Redden... poor suckers... we had him on our team (Senators) and he was somewhat reasonable then but now... wow... deserves a medal for such performance.

I'm aaalll for fighting in games. Where's Ray Emery when you need him?
But then again, I don't have to explain anything to anyone so I might be biased. Hope it went okay :)