Friday, May 20, 2016

A Broken Generation (Musically Speaking)




I have been working at a new job since December and it wasn't hard to notice that many of my co-workers are younger then me...That was never something that would bother me, because I've always felt younger then my age...And acted accordingly as well!  But the gap seems to be getting larger, and some of these kids are just dolts...Some are great, and it gives me a glimmer of hope...But my God the dolts really are trying to drag them down...These dolts are in the 18-25 age group...

This week, I had an encounter with one of these young-ins that I don't consider a dolt...The song "Born in the USA" came on, and she said, 'Can't go wrong with some Kid Rock!"  Shocked, I replied "WHAT!?!"  She said, "Isn't this Kid Rock?"  I had to inform her it was Bruce Springsteen, and recorded before she was born...

A day or so later another co-worker, closer to my age shared a story about one of the young dolts not knowing who Tom Petty was....Asking, "When was he popular?" and "When did he perform?"  I was baffled that those questions had to be answered...While I'm a hug music lover/fan, I've never been a huge Tom Petty fan...But I know who the fuck he is...I know a bunch of his tunes...And there are plenty that I like...Holy crap on a cracker...

But this story didn't end...No fucking way Johnny...It got worse...The dolt then informed my seasoned colleague that "Michael Buble is this generation's Frank Sinatra".........huh?  The fuck you say!?!

Sinatra only had countless hit songs...Starred in 64 movies...Was the co-lead with Marlon Brando in "Guys and Dolls"...He setup JFK with Marilyn Monroe...Buble doesn't have the music or movie resume, and last I checked (for comparisons sake) he hasn't gotten President Obama laid with Scarlett Johansson....




But it's still not over...With mother fucking, honest, straight face, this dope said, "One Direction is this generation's Beatles'....Well doll, then there is no fucking help for your damn generation! Do you have any idea what the Beatles did musically? Do you not understand how they changed the industry...I'll put up just George's demos against the entire auto-tuned One Direction catalog of shit, and I'll win hands down...WTF/OMFG/SMH...You name it...I thought it...Even, FYDB....(Fuck You Die Bitch)...I have heard some dumb shit in my 40 years on this Earth...Without a doubt, comparing One Direction to The Beatles has jumped to the top of the list...That people, is a chokable offense!


I know, not all 18-25 year-olds are dolts...And I know they all aren't so musically retarded...But from what I'm hearing and seeing, there are plenty....

There is hope coming down the road...My oldest daughter, some of her friends, and nieces are all listening to a large variety of music...My daughter for example is into some scream rock/punk/emo shit...But it's based in Rock...But she also likes classic rock...She has a bunch of Beatles and 'Stones songs on her iPhone...She likes some pop-rock stuff...And she's into Twenty One Pilots...(young kids music I was into a couple years before her)...She's a also a heck of a clarinet player with a bit of Jazz under her belt...Thankfully some of us raised our kids right...Hopefully they'll be able to turn the dolts around, or at least educate the dolts kids!


But in case we get some young ones reading this...I'll share a bit of music they should hear, just to get them on track....






















And since Siouxsie Medley is featured at the top of this post, why not some Dead Sara...





There is good music out there...Old and new...Spread it, before the dolts spread too much of their stupidity!


No comments: