Sunday, April 26, 2015

Monday Moaning



Major changes going on for me...I was absent last week...Work has ground me to shit...It's been rough lately...The amount of stress I have had due to work lately has been insane...Then, I would get home after a long day, and get into a fight with my wife, who is sick of me working 60 hours a week, when my company was only paying me for 50...She understood my loyalty to my crew and not wanting to leave them hanging, but she was quite tired of me giving so much of a damn, and not getting the same or anything close in return...Plus last week, some other issues have come up with my family (that I am not allowed to discuss right now)...

I had a week of vacation two weeks ago, and received multiple calls and texts from work...including just hours into the first day...The stress and frustration with numerous work issues were weighing on me heavily...the knots in my stomach were horrible...The lack of respect of late was very hurtful...Over the years, comfort, some fear, and loyalty has kept me from moving, or taking a chance on something else...Loyalty to the original 3 owners who hired me many years back, as well as loyalty to co-workers...But those feeling lately have been replaced with frustration...and a growing ulcer!

I'm not willing to lose my family, or health, or respect for anyone or anything...

Thursday afternoon after having multiple talks with a couple who own an Italian restaurant, they put a good offer on the table...I had recently turned down other offers, but this one felt good...A month earlier, I spent an evening working in their kitchen, getting a idea of the menu, and a feeling for the kitchen and restaurant as a whole...the week before my wife and I ate there, and scouted them...I told them I would have to talk it over with my wife...

It wasn't hard convincing her...Guaranteed less hours, and a bit more money...Besides that, I wanted to do it...I really like these people, and feel a strong connection to them already...While the company I have given 20 years to is a strong company with 7 excellent restaurants, I feel like I can be part of something special, and bigger with these folks...

Friday I let them know, I'm in...Then I went to work, and planned on giving my notice, and as I walked in, I had a giant, steaming pile of bullshit dropped in my lap...There was a huge slap in my face, and a complete lack of respect shown to me and others, as the pile of bullshit was dumped on me...I'm not going to bash my former employer anymore, it was just clear that for me, my health, and my family, that is was time to move on...I informed my bosses I was done, and nothing they had to say would change my mind...

In the past just thinking of changing jobs terrified me...But I left work Friday with a feeling of great relief...Stress was already floating away...When I told my kids and wife the news, they were thrilled...Clearly all this shit wasn't just weighing on me...I'm thrilled about this next step in my life...I'm so excited and can't wait to get started...Sometimes we have to look to the past to find our future...


The Little Italy neighborhood is one of the many little gems scattered around Cleveland...It something I overlooked for many years, but am very excited to share it with my kids...Plus I have some personal enjoyment being a half Irishman who will be running the kitchen of an Italian Restaurant...

Saturday afternoon I took my daughter and 6 of her friends to the movie, "Unfriended"...They love horror movies, and don't find shit like the original "Halloween," or "The Shinning" scary...this movie sucked...You were stuck watching asshole teenagers chat on their computers via Skype, Facebook, and Text, and (SPOILER ALERT) ...and get killed by the ghost a girl they drove to suicide...Besides the movie sucking, one teen was played by a chick who is 28 years old...Seriously!?!  But it actually scared these 13 year girls...Maybe because of the social media aspect and this digital age we're in...

After that I dropped off the girls except for one friend who was sleeping over and helping babysit...Babysit because we were going to Little Italy for dinner at the new place, besides hitting up one of the fantastic bakeries down there...My wife wanted to meet my new employers, and they wanted to meet her...Afterwards, she understood why I liked these people, and why I wanted to make this move...

Sunday was Mrs. Beeze's birthday (number not to be published)...She was happy with the new Blue Ray player I gave her with the new Star Wars blue ray box set...We're all getting pretty excited about the new Star Wars coming out around Christmas...

One of comedian Jim Norton's characters had his own take on the Star Wars trailer...





As for sports, I've missed a lot...But I'm thrilled my Rangers took out the penguins 4 games to 1...

The NFL draft is quickly approaching, and I can't wait to not watch...But I'll have an eye on twitter watching people freak out over the Cleveland Browns next big mistake!

That's it for now...But for the first time in a long time, I feel happy and energized, and wasn't dreading sitting down and writing a blog....More to come!

Have a week!

No comments: